Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wow it has been a year!

Ok so I swore that I would do better this year to keep my blog current, and look it is been a year since I have posted.  I know there are many things that get us distracted, but man, what is my excuse... oh wait the three children that I have and care for.  Well lets see if I can do better the last half of the year.

Well the kids and I made it through daddy leaving for Texas in January.  It was a tear filled event, but they cheered up at the thought of seeing daddy over spring break.  In March we embarked on our trip to Texas, 14 hours and many are we there yet's we arrived in one piece.  Wes still had to work, but we filled our days with exploring and visiting friends.  In May, Wes went to a Non-commissioned Officer course (WLC) and passed with flying colors.. Since they ended right before Memorial Day, he was able to get a pass and we spent the long weekend at Myrtle Beach, SC.  A teary eyed Timmy said good bye to daddy at the airport and we drove back to Signal Mountain.  The great thing is he will be home for two weeks in July.  Now I am not sure about the rest of the year!

The kids have been great during this time and all passed their classes and are promoted to the next grade level.  Michael played Baseball of course, and did well.  He was chosen to play in the All Star game and played well.  He has been away at Boy Scout Camp and then off to youth camp.  He starts football in July and will play for his middle school in the fall.  Gabe finished his first year of Boys choir and did well.  He is excited to go to camp this summer.  Timmy is, well Timmy.  He is full of life and into everything.

Me... well I am gainfully employed as my kids mom and my husbands wife.  I was working at Allstate and was laid off the day he was deployed.  I occupied my summer with umpiring some of the kids ball games, running them all around.  I am ready to have Wes home for a little bit and be able to have another set of hands around.  I know this is a lame account of the last six months of our lives, but there it is in a nutshell.. ~Ashleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment