Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ok .... Time to quit procrastinating!




There are many things that I really dislike doing - So I procrastinate. You know like the dishes or laundry. There have been times my children have come to me and said - "Mom you know this is my last pair of clean underwear"... I rush to the washing machine and throw in a load of whites and then stay up all night doing laundry, vowing that I will never let that happen again. Well this morning I have found that my oldest son has the same disease of procrastination that I do. At 7:00AM he brought me a history project that was due - TODAY! Guess what it was not even started. The week he had to work on it had rapidly come to an end. His reason - "Mom, I needed you to type it for me." Well I hurridly got ready for work and sat down at the computer and preceeded to type. We managed to finish his project and he was off to school and I to work.




I noticed that each assignment is different for him. If it is a hands on science experiment, he wants to do it that day. Other assignments that require lots of writing he will not do until the last minute. I have to think that each of my children struggle in different ways and my oldest has gotten the curse of procrastination.


No comments:

Post a Comment